ANGFA NSW Inc. is a not for profit, incorporated association. reg number 1701169
Our members share interests in the native freshwater fishes from the ancient Gondwana landscapes of Australia and New Guinea
Our Purpose is:
- To promote the exchange of information on all aspects of the care of native fish of Australia and New Guinea.
- To foster an interest in the keeping of native fishes of Australia and New Guinea under conditions of captivity.
- To promote the propagation of native fishes and in so doing to maintain the integrity of species and local forms.
- To undertake systematic habitat surveys to develop a body of knowledge relating to the distribution of native fishes and associated biological and ecological considerations.
- To engage in the continuing study of matters relating to the ecology and conservation of native fishes and to inform the community and appropriate agencies of knowledge gained through such investigations.
- To support such conservation issues of national and international significance as may be decided on from time to time by the committee.
ANGFA NSW Inc provides a platform for like-minded hobbyists to meet and exchange stories, wisdom and to trade fish & plants through our regular meetings, field trips, social media outlets, bi-monthly newsletter “Rivus” and Super Auctions.
New members are always welcome from far and wide.